Thursday, February 3, 2011

Seaoning a black cast iron frying pan

Okay....I have had this pan for many years and used it successfully. In the last years, I have married and my husband loves to do the dishes for me and has repeatedly washed it and left it to dry....he has scrubbed off most of the years of built up seasoning...not to mention rust. I finally just put it in a cabinet in the laundry room. Out of sight, out of mind.

Today got the bug to get it out because of a comment on the Chowhound Forum.

I have it in the oven with crisco at 400 for an hour. Believe that will do the trick.

Should have done a before and after picture.

Don't get me wrong. My husband is a gem and most of the time I am greatful for the ways he chips in without being asked to help clean. Just need to keep him away from the cast iron!

No comments: