Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beginning and Why?

I recently joined Eat Your Books (eatyourbooks.com) and to my surprise found that I have 193 cookbooks listed....this does not include the ones I did not add or have loaned, or were too old to be even mentioned on the site. The thing that I found the most disturbing was this: whenever I look for a new recipe, I have adopted the habit of going on line and "Googling" for ideas. 193 cookbooks at what?....$20.00 each=$3,860! Cookbooks untouched. Some glanced through initially and then placed on shelves never to be looked at again (except for a rare and random dusting).

So my goal now is to actually use my books....cook through them not around them. Last week I found a great recipe in a book that was in the alternate shelf in the basement (books are in at least four places in my house) for grouper with tomato, basil and garlic. Page 287 Gourmet Cookbook, Ruth Reichel.


No comments: